Tuesday, May 08, 2012


KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

It really is so difficult to tell a short, sweet, simple story about your start-up.  As I'm listening to CEO's pitching here at the #NextBerlin conference in #Berlin and after #Techstars Demo Day last week in Boston, there's nothing more true than the K.I.S.S. principle.  Please keep it simple to keep yourself from sounding stupid.

When I go back home, I enter a Facebook world as they go public next week and I figure there were early times when even Zuckerberg explained his startup and people scratched their heads.

If you're an entrepreneur and have not read the great book, The Facebook Effect by David Kirkpatrick, drop everything and go read it.  Especially read about the way Sean Parker coached Mark Zuckerberg in terms of dealing with VC's -- Parker had been screwed before so he was very savvy about what NOT to do.  I loved the pitch where they arrived in their pyjamas like they had slept late.